Crankworx Summer Series, which kicked off July 28 with the first enduro race at SilverStar bike park, will feature a total of 12 races over three weeks at three iconic destinations. Between enduro, dual slalom, downhill and air downhill events, an overall Summer Series winner will prevail from 25 British Colombia-based athletes.
Liv Racing enduro athlete, Leonie Picton was selected as one of the eight women to compete for the Crankworx Summer Series title. Originally from Mansfield, Australia, Picton now calls Whistler, BC home and has been taking advantage of her training grounds since COVID-19 lockdown was lifted in early June.
1. SilverStar, Vernon, BC: July 28-31
Picton is currently sitting in 6th overall after Enduro, Dual Slalom, Downhill and Air DH events in SilverStar. She raced all events abord her Liv Hail Advanced.
2. Kicking Horse, Golden, BC: August 4-7
3. Sun Peaks Bike Park, Sun Peaks, BC
Coronavirus Safety Protocols
The team at Crankworx as well as all athletes and sponsors are committed to providing a safe racing event by adhering to the following safety protocols:
- Closed events: Crankworx Summer Series is made-for-tv, spectators are encouraged to tune in from home
- Limited numbers: Invite-only, limited to 25 athletes with minimal staff, suppliers, and volunteers on-site
- Tracing and monitoring: Contact tracing 14 days out, and daily throughout the event. Daily temperature and symptom checking
- Distancing and disinfecting: All resort community guidelines and provincial health guidelines will be strictly adhered to
- Isolated travel: All participants will travel in pre-arranged groups