Chamois Design Guide
Liv Fit Guide: Cycling Chamois Design and Style
Not all bike shorts are created equal. Just like finding the right saddle to fit your body and riding style, finding the right chamois for you can sometimes take a little time and experimentation.
At Liv, we take riding comfort seriously and we are here to help demystify the secrets of the padded biking short aisle at your local bike shop. Discovering your ideal chamois thickness is a matter of personal preference. However, things like the location of seams, shape of the pad and moisture-wicking abilities play a big role in how those shorts will feel after you put in the miles. Here are a few quick tips to keep in mind when buying and wearing padded bike shorts:
- Buy women’s-specific bike shorts, they were made specifically to fit your anatomy and, let’s be honest, that is one place we can agree we are definitely different from men!
- Unless you have lady bits made of steel, wearing a chamois is a must on rides over 10 miles. For bumpier rides, we even suggest wearing bike shorts on shorter rides.
- Use the right chamois for the job. For example, an ultra-thin commuter chamois is perfect for wearing under your when riding to work… your race day bibs might be a bit overkill.
- When wearing a chamois, do not use padded seat covers. Padded bike shorts are meant to be the only layer between you and your saddle, adding anything else will only make chaffing worse.
- Along those same lines, do not wear underwear beneath your bike shorts! That’s right, you’re supposed to go commando with these shorts!
- Still feeling the burn (in a bad way)? Grab some chamois cream.
Liv Chamois Technology
We’ve created women’s-specific chamois designs that comfortably contour your anatomy and deliver the highest standards in protection, using varied thicknesses that distribute weight more evenly and reduce pressure points on your saddle. A breathable, antibacterial top layer creates a chafe-free fit that keeps you cool and dry during tough rides.
Race Day Series
Liv Race Day Series ProComfor™ chamois provides triple density protection — with Carbonium fabric at the surface to stop bacteria in its tracks and prevent saddle sores. Deeper high-density layers support the body at major pressure points for unmatched comfort for a fit that feels like it was made just for you.
Liv Signature Series ProComfor™ chamois has proven and unrestricted performance. Special microfiber fabric guarantees exceptional moisture control and hygiene. Precisely engineered and positioned to provide essential form-fitting comfort, the chamois’ flat seams with stretch thread accompany the movements of the body and eliminate friction, overheating and chafing.
Fisso and Cadence Series
Liv SportComfor™ chamois goes almost unnoticed, with an ultra-lightweight feel and softness that conforms to your body with freedom to move. High-density protective foams are strategically positioned at critical pressure points, preventing soreness and hot spots from forming.
Liv SportComfor™ chamois brings the ideal combination of comfort, style and protection. Top-notch moisture management and exceptional breathability, combined with anti-odor control, to keep you dry and chafe-free.
Liv CoreComfor™ chamois is a dual density women’s-specific chamois developed to provide freedom of movement, protection and superior comfort.