Savilia Blunk is a U23 cross country mountain bike athlete who won first place in the 2017 and 2018 National Championships and second last year. Fourteen year old enduro racer, Riley Miller won first place at the 2019 East Coast Junior Mountain Bike Championships, second place EWS80 Crankworx, Whistler, B.C. and second place Eastern States Cup Enduro World Series (EWS) Qualifier Pro Women's class. Lisa Tertsch, a Sprint and Olympic distance triathlete won U23 European Triathlon Championships in 2019, third at U23 World Triathlon Championships 2019, and was recently nominated as 2020 European Female Triathlete of the Year by the European Triathlon Union.
“We have increased our commitment to Liv Racing by investing in new athletes, additional staff infrastructure, and elevated race support,” said Phoebe Liu, chief branding officer of Giant Group, which includes Liv Cycling, Giant, Momentum and CADEX brands. “Athlete feedback is essential to our process of designing and engineering best in class bikes and gear. Each of these women is pushing the limits in her discipline while also furthering Liv’s mission."
Liv Racing athletes support the brand as product testers by working with designers and engineers on new prototypes and providing product development feedback along the way. Most recently, the Pique 29, named “Best Women’s XC Race Bike” in the mountain bike category by Bicycling Magazine in 2019, was tested and honed by Liv athlete Kaysee Armstrong. Armstrong later raced a Pique prototype at Sea Otter 2019 and it has become a winning ride for several cyclists.
“Liv Cycling has been my partner since 2015 and their bikes and gear help me perform at my best,” said professional triathlete and Olympian Radka Kahlefeldt. “My connection with Liv became even stronger when I was pregnant. They gave me full support and believed in my comeback. Since our daughter was born in January 2018, I’ve had my two best seasons so far. Liv is more than a sponsor -- they offer support for all the women on Liv Racing, bringing out the best in each of us."
Liv Cycling has designed and engineered more than 50 models of bikes from the ground up for women, delivering a broad lineup of bikes for riders across disciplines. In 2020, the bikes of choice for Liv Athletes include the Langma, EnviLiv, Pique 29, Avow, Hail and Intrigue; all are designed and engineered for women, using the 3F Design Philosophy to fully maximize women’s muscle patterns and power. In 2020, Blunk will race on the Liv Pique 29, Miller on the
Hail Advanced, Tertsch on her EnviLiv.
In 2020, Liv Racing also welcomes new team manager Elizabeth Walker, and returning Liv Racing team mechanic Jessica Brousseau. Walker, a former technical representative for Liv Cycling and mountain bike skills coach for Ladies AllRide and Grit Clinics, brings additional support to the Liv Racing team. Brousseau supported the launch of Liv’s Intrigue Advanced in Squamish, BC, where she gained attention for her professionalism and skill.
Unveiled in 2019, Liv Racing is now comprised of 17 women hailing from seven countries and includes four women riding as the only sanctioned all-women team in the Enduro World Series (EWS). Liv Racing is also a registered team with both USA Cycling (USAC) and the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI), with two cross country riders competing in the World Cup this year.
● Crystal Anthony (Bentonville, Arkansas) – Marathon, cross country, gravel and cyclocross athlete
● Kaysee Armstrong (Knoxville, Tennessee) – Marathon, cross country, gravel and cyclocross athlete
● Savilia Blunk (Durango, Colorado) – World Cup cross country athlete
● Shirin Gerami (London, England) – Ironman 70.3 Triathlete
● Serena Bishop Gordon (Bend, Oregon) - Marathon mountain biker, gravel and cyclocross athlete
● Radka Kahlefeldt (Queensland, Australia) – Ironman 70.3 Triathlete and former Olympian
● Ayesha McGowan (Decatur, Georgia) – Road athlete
● Riley Miller (Burke, Vermont) - Gravity athlete specializing in enduro and downhill
● Rae Morrison (Nelson, New Zealand) - Gravity athlete specializing in enduro
● Isabella Naughton (Flagstaff, Arizona) – Gravity athlete specializing in enduro
● Lesley Paterson (San Diego, California) – Off-road XTERRA Triathlete
● Leonie Picton (Whistler, BC, Canada) – Gravity athlete specializing in enduro
● Sam Scipio (Chicago, Illinois) – Gravel, cyclocross and adventure cycling athlete
● Allysa Seely (Colorado Springs, Colorado) – Paralympic Triathlete
● Lisa Tertsch (Darmstadt, Germany) - ITU World Cup Triathlete
● Sandra Walter (Coquitlam, BC, Canada) – World Cup cross country athlete
● Caroline Washam (Mooresville, North Carolina) – Gravity athlete specializing in downhill and dual slalom
Learn more about Liv Racing HERE.
Follow the athletes on Instagram: #LivRacing