Lean, Clean, Simple & Satisfying Meals for Triathlon Training
What’s one of my favorite, easiest and best tasting meals to make? Chicken and veggies – It’s simple and satisfying!
All you need is your favorite source of protein and a variety of vegetables. Whatever you have in the refrigerator can be thrown in the sauté pan while your protein is baking. I usually go with chicken, bell peppers and red onions.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Prep your dish by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray or coating it with olive oil
- Cut off all of the fatty parts of the chicken, place chicken in the pan, and sprinkle on your favorite seasoning
- Put the chicken in the oven for 40 minutes, flipping half way through
- While the chicken is cooking, start cutting all of your vegetables – I like my peppers and onions cut into long strips instead of diced, but this is a personal preference
- After cutting, place a pan containing a little olive oil on the stovetop and throw the peppers in using medium heat.
- Do the same with the onions on a separate burner
- Cook your vegetables for 10 to 20 minutes depending on if you like your vegetables crispy or sautéed thoroughly *Mix the vegetables occasionally so they don’t stick to the pan
- Once cooked to your liking, remove your vegetables from the stovetop and mix together
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven and let cool
- Serve one 4 to 6 oz. chicken breast with 1 cup of veggies
I always make enough of this meal to eat all week! Packing portioned meals into tupperware is a good way to make sure you are eating healthy, even if you are busy and on-the-go.
What are your favorite quick and easy meals to make while you are training? Share them with us #TryATri