We want you to use and love your new helmet.
If your Giant or Liv branded helmet is damaged from a cycling accident, Giant will offer a replacement helmet if the accident and claim is made within the first year of purchase.
Giant will aim to provide a free helmet, which is either like for like or the latest equivalent model. Should neither be available Giant will provide store credit to the value of your original Giant or Liv branded helmet purchase.
In order to request a crash replacement helmet, please follow these 5 easy steps;
- Take your damaged helmet, along with your proof of purchase and evidence of the cycling accident to your local Giant or Liv retailer. Evidence can include images of the accident, any police incident reports and anything else that may be relevant - a damaged helmet on it's own shall not be sufficient evidence.
- Discuss the accident with the retailer, following which the retailer will decide if a claim should be made to Giant.
- The retailer sends your claim to Giant and if Giant is satisfied with your claim you may request a replacement helmet.
- Choose a new replacement helmet of the same value offered by your retailer in store, or ask your retailer to place an order with Giant. Should a lesser helmet be chosen no refund shall be offered for the monetary difference.
- Put on your new helmet and go ride.
Simple as that.
Terms & Conditions
This policy does not affect any of your statutory rights.
Claims are limited to only Giant or Liv branded helmets sold to a buyer in the UK or Ireland either at a Giant store, Liv Store, Giant website, Liv website or via a retailer approved by Giant. Each claim sent to Giant via your local Giant, or Liv, retailer will be considered on the merits of the information and documentation provided. Giant aims to respond to all claims within 3 – 4 working days. Any rejected claims will be issued with a refusal letter by Giant with the reason for rejection. Giant may reject claims it believes are not genuine or which fall outside the first year of purchase. Giant’s decision as to whether the policy has been satisfied is final. All communication regarding the claim shall be between Giant and the retailer; the retailer shall communicate Giant’s decision to you directly.
Should a crash replacement helmet be issued in accordance with this policy, the replacement helmet shall be covered under the crash replacement helmet policy only for the remaining period of the original 12 months that covered the damaged helmet.