Three Ways to Carry a Yoga Mat on Your Bike
Logistically, riding your bike to the yoga studio may seem like a difficult task. But once you get your routine down and figure out the best way to carry your yoga mat on your bike, riding to class will become an effortless routine.
Don’t forget the essentials:
Use a Bike Rack
If you have a bike rack, carrying yoga necessities is a breeze. Just grab a bungie cord and strap it on!
- You will have extra storage space for your own yoga blanket or yoga block! If you have errands to run before or after class you can clip on panniers for even more storage.
- No need for a pack! It feels great to roll bag-free.
Helpful Tip: When attaching anything to a bike rack using a bungie cord, the best method is to form an "X" with the bungie on the object to ensure your gear is secure.
Grab a Yoga Bag
Side-shoulder yoga mat bags are efficient, comfortable and totally safe to use on a bike.
- Using a yoga mat bag is the quickest way to carry your yoga mat. You can already have all your gear packed and ready for class without having to strap anything down.
- Most yoga mat bags have plenty of extra room and pockets for your gear. Whether you want to roll your mat up with a towel for hot yoga, pack some snacks or a change of clothes, you should be able to fit it all in.
I’ve been known to strap all sorts of things to my bike, from beach towels to growlers! The cool thing about a yoga mat is that it rolls up and can fit right under your seat! What type of saddle you have will determine what kind of strap you will want to use. So yeah, you can strap your yoga mat on with anything… like a yoga strap! Just make sure it is good and secure before you roll down the street.
- Use what you got! This solution is definitely the cheapest.
- You can still carry your backpack with all your extra gear!